- 5 Views
Introducing DeSET at GEBCO symposium 2018 "Map the Gaps"
Presentation outline for GEBCO Symposium 2018 @Mapthegaps
DeSET; Novel Approach of Innovation to Increase Seafloor Mapping Capacity, Forming Hyper-Interdisciplinary Research Teams from Academia, Startups, SMEs and Enterprises.
Mapping 100% of seafloor requires huge amount of money and time. To achieve bold goal, we need to update technology to next generation with engaging much more people from super various fields and from different generations.
Specialized survey ship costs very high, need many specialists and specialized expensive equipment. To expand our capacity of mapping, lowering cost to survey and prolonged unmanned activity to cover vast ocean that usually human do not reach.
However, the funding, communication and goal setting of existing support for ocean research in japan are not sufficient or have enough flexibility to work with highly diversified research team. Or there are emerging technologies in AI, Robotics and other field, amount of effort are needed to engage people to create interdisciplinary team.
Here we show the new project design process to generate hyper-interdisciplinary research teams and quick update of each innovative teams. This program is funded by the Nippon Foundation of Japan and implement by JASTO and Leave a Nest Co., Ltd.
From 2017, we designed a 50M-yen grant for newly formed teams help innovate ocean mapping process. Selected 40 individuals from startups, SMEs, large enterprises and academia gathered in off-site meeting and curated into 3 teams. First 3 teams start developing
Low-cost unmanned ocean survey platform harnessing multiple robot agents and energy harvesting system.
Integrated remote sensing system consist of crowd sourced firshery boats, biologging animal agents and satellites.
On-site survey system supported by AI super-resolution from rough map data.
Each teams demonstrated that different people can overcome disciplinary boundaries can
In 2018, we started 2nd cohort of new research team creation and now in screening process. These effort will lead continued generation of novel approaches of ocean discovery and help academia but also industry to find new values in ocean as well as creating value from ocean.
- DeSET; Approach of Innovation to Team-up Hyper-Interdisciplinary Project GEBCO Symposium 2018 Session4 Ocean Mapping Science 2018-11-14 Yusuke Shinozawa(1), Hiroyuki Takahashi(1), Shohei Ito (2), Toyoki Sasakura(3), Motoharu Sonogashira(4) (1) Leave a Nest Co., Ltd. (2) Full depth Inc. (3) AquaFusion Inc. (4) Kyoto University Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CHALLENGE Backcasting from 2030, we need to work now to 1. >100X Efficient technology of mapping 2. >100X more people engaged, not leaving behind Not only technologies, we will create new business, jobs, ecosystem… TECH 100 GENIUS of AND 10 1 1 1 10 100 People
- Project Structure Education Entrepreneurship Scientists Moonshot Research Stratups Indsutry
- HOW IT WORKS Jul Sep Individual Idea Submission 3day On-site Team-up Collect 40-60 ideas Mixed into 3-5 teams Oct Team Application 3 teams will pass *Leader chosen from company Dec Launch of Research Project 50M JPY/team 1.5yr + Support for; • Exposure • Fund-raising • Biz Dev
- 3 days On-site Team-up Discussion Team-up!! Idea sketches
- 1st BATCH 3 TEAMS Subsea Autonomous Station Speaker Shohei ITO CEO of FULLDEPTH Remote Sensing Speaker Toyoki SASAKURA CEO of AquaFusion Super resolution AI Speaker Motoharu Sonogashira Kyoto University
- Coming Dec. 2nd BATCH will be announced 4 5 6
- FUTURE PLAN Idea / People engagement • Continue talent discovery from broader range • Support transition to Scaleup-ready stage Research Project • Evaluate Economics and Scalability of technology • Does cost drop dramatically? Scale-up • After-mapping economy is attractive enough for investment and scale-up? <- reach 100% After-mapping Era • Creating “Shared Vision” for scaled mapping tech throughout industry/academic/gov
f2e516ad-3975-488f-b0c3-d38dd406d9f0 テックプランター 7分間プレゼン攻略法（研究者向け）
c41c4cdb-0a3f-4cd5-93ea-a1470c5e2260 P-053 抗菌性・抗バイオフィルム性を持つ蝉の翅のナノ構造を模倣した材料がバイオフィルムに及ぼす影響
e60419dd-d305-48e4-b6ce-64b479fc22d6 5分間でビジネスプランを伝えきる プレゼンテーション理想形
f16ba446-eae9-461a-ac30-df3b5f4e5e85 Salesforce World Tour Tokyo 2023 デベロッパーラウンドテーブル Ask Andrew
054778a8-e868-44b8-ba5f-19bc755cf6dc 研修ゲームの広がりとシリアスゲームとの関係性 ー現場からー（日本デジタルゲーム学会,第13回年次大会,廣瀬 担当分）